The Arlington Heights Park District’s Parks and Planning Department will temporarily close recreation facilities in the weeks ahead.
These building closures will occur during the following times to conduct routine annual maintenance:
Camelot Community Center, 1005 E. Suffield Drive
- Building will be closed from Monday, August 8 – Sunday, August 21
- Indoor Walking Track and Center will reopen on Monday, August 22nd at 6am
- Outdoor pool will remain open through Labor Day. Closes for season Monday, September 5
Olympic Indoor Swim Center, 660 N. Ridge Avenue
- Building (including pool) will be closed from Monday, August 15 – Monday, September 5
- Will reopen for normal business on Tuesday, September 6
Pioneer Community Center, 500 S. Fernandez Avenue
- Outdoor pool will remain open through Sunday, August 21
- Building will be closed from Monday, August 22 – Sunday, August 28
- Will reopen on Monday August 29th for normal business at 6am
The closures will allow maintenance staff to conduct required annual inspections of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. Hardwood floor maintenance such as striping, waxing and refinishing of gymnasiums, carpet shampooing, window washing, painting and deep cleaning of offices, classrooms, public restrooms and common areas will also be addressed.
Work will focus primarily on the interior of the buildings but some exterior work will also occur, weather permitting. This includes: landscape trimming, mulching and parking lot striping.
This schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen maintenance on equipment.
The Arlington Heights Park District’s Parks and Planning Department maintains over 700 acres of land, 29 buildings and 58 parks. The Department strives to ensure safe and clean facilities for the enjoyment of the community.
Residents and park users are encouraged to visit www.ahpd.org/parks/facilities/
to find an alternative nearby recreation facility, open gym hours and more during the planned closures.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Please call the Maintenance hotline with any questions at 847-577-3003.