4/21/2014 12:00:00 PM
Summer registration begins May 8th at 10:00 am. The registration system is not displaying correctly in the "Enroll Now" column. This technical issue...
Camelot Park Community Center
Camelot Park, acquired in 1967, is located in a 1970's residential neighborhood with mature trees and a mixture of open space and program areas.
Camelot Community Center will be closing for a major renovation beginning September 11, 2013.
Camelot Park renovation highlights include the following:
- Renovations will be made to the existing bath house/community center and will include the construction of a 12,950 sf. addition along the south elevation which will house a gymnasium with an elevated walking track. The new Camelot building including the aquatic center area will measure approximately 24,976 sf.
- Improvements to the existing recreation program rooms.
- A new main entryway to the building will be made available on the west side of the building.
- A new lobby will welcome community center users with a control desk and a new office area.
- Improved programming space.
- Reconfiguration of the parking lot from a two-way to a one-way system with angled parking.
- Expansion of the parking on site from 45 to 65 spaces.
- Elimination of the existing driveway off Suffield Drive across from Dryden Place, and shift the west driveway along Suffield Drive so that it aligns with Stuart Drive.
- Relocation of the pickup / drop off area from north of the building to the west side of the building.
- Construction of a detention basin between the reconfigured basketball and existing tennis courts.
- Installation of a fire lane along the south elevation that extends from the new pickup / drop off area to Brighton Place.
Wondering where you can find alternate locations for use during the renovation?
For more information about Camelot’s recreation programs including
athletics, please contact Kevin Keister
, Recreation Supervisor at the Heritage Community Center at 847- 577-3020.
Thank you for your patience during this major renovation that will bring upgrades that will ensure Camelot Community Center's longevity as a community recreation resource.
The Arlington Heights Park District is running birthday parties at your local community centers and Olympic Indoor Swim Center. The best part is we'll do everything for you... set up the party, run the games and activities, and even clean up the mess!