Melas Park Turf Installation
By Spring 2013, all four fields at Melas Park, located at 1500 W. Central Rd, will be fully equipped with synthetic turf infields. The season will continue even throughout construction as two fields will remain playable while the other two are being worked on. Once the remaining dirt fields are under construction the new turf fields will be in use for the leagues that take place in the fall. The Arlington Heights Park District is prepared to accommodate players throughout turf installation. More importantly, AHPD is looking forward to many successful softball seasons to come on the new surface.
- Youth, adult, and senior leagues available for baseball, softball, slow and fastpitch
- Games will take place throughout the spring, summer, and fall months
- Turf provides the opportunity for more leagues and games in the future
- Decreases the amount of rainout and delays
- According to FieldTurf this surface "minimizes abrasions, neural and joint injuries."
- Long term investment that will generate revenue overtime
- Players will be able to more effectively read the ball off the bat without the risk of a bad hop
- Durable, enviornmentally friendly, and low maintenance
- New sewer and drainage system will disperse access water to the retention side of the park
- Fields will remain playable after excessive amounts of rain
- Two fields will be completed prior to construction beginning on the other two
- Learn more about turf surfaces by checking out Hersey High School's turf football field
The Arlington Heights Park District thanks all the other agencies involved in the project. Gewalt Hamilton, Lenny Hoffmann and Co, Field Turf, and RJ Underground.
For More Information