Children at Play (CAP)
The CAP program is perfect for you if your children need supervision before and after school. The Park District, School Districts 21, 25 and 59 and the Village of Arlington Heights have worked together to provide quality before and after school care. The Park District hires, trains, and supervises the staff and is responsible for the daily program. The School District houses the program and provides custodial service. The Village provides scholarship to families needing financial assistance and residing within the village boundaries.
We are very excited and pleased by the continued success of CAP and are committed to providing a safe, recreational program.
About the program
- CAP is held right at your child's school during the school year, Monday through Friday from 7-9 am and 3:30-6 pm.
- It is relaxed and recreational versus developmental or educational, so as not to be a duplication of the school day.
- Activities may include and are not limited to: arts & crafts, sports & games, outdoor play, homework time, board & card games, breakfast, and snack.
- Most of our children are registered for the entire year and may attend full or partial weeks.
- If openings are available, children may also register after the school year has begun.
- Full day coverage from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm is also provided on certain days off school at designated locations.
Who can participate
- Children in kindergarten through fifth grade enrolled in one of the schools listed.
- Kindergarteners are able to participate on a limited basis; morning kindergartners are eligible for before school care and afternoon kindergartners are eligible for after school care.