New-course design, renovations to classic courses, practice facilities and more display the thoughtful, innovative work from ASGCA members
BROOKFIELD, Wis. – The fifth annual American Society of Golf Course Architects Design Excellence Recognition Program honorees have been named. Projects from 11 courses have been cited for their work with ASGCA members in addressing unique design challenges. READ FULL PRESS RELEASE.
Since its creation, the Design Excellence Recognition Program has highlighted the innovation and problem-solving skills required of today’s golf course designs, from new 18-hole layouts to practice facilities and renovations of various sizes.
The 2016 nominations were reviewed by a panel of golf industry leaders, including representatives of the Club Managers Association of America, and Golf Course Builders Association of America.
The recognized courses are:
- Arlington Lakes Golf Club, Arlington Heights, Illinois/Mike Benkusky, ASGCA
- Atlantic Dunes, The Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head, South Carolina/Scot Sherman, ASGCA
- Ken Lanning Golf Center, Jefferson City, Missouri/Todd Clark, ASGCA
- Lebovic Golf Club, Aurora, Ontario, Canada/Doug Carrick, ASGCA
- Los Robles Greens Golf Course, Thousand Oaks, California/Jason Straka, ASGCA and Dana Fry, ASGCA
- Mountain Shadows Resort Short Course, Paradise Valley, Arizona/Forrest Richardson, ASGCA
- NCR Country Club, Kettering, Ohio/Dr. Mike Hurdzan, ASGCA Fellow
- The Oaks Club – Heron Course, Osprey, Florida/Hurdzan/Fry Environmental Golf Design
- Pelican’s Nest Golf Club, Bonita Springs, Florida/Jan Bel Jan, ASGCA
- University of Southern Mississippi Short Game Facility, Hattiesburg, Mississippi/Nathan Crace, ASGCA Associate
- Wilmette Golf Club, Wilmette, Illinois/Greg Martin, ASGCA