The Park District has over 50 parks that may be reserved for outdoor events. If you would like to reserve a space, please click on one of the below facilities for specific information or use our Facility locator to search for parks not listed below. renters are responsible for ensuring that their guests comply with all Park District ordinances and guidelines current on the date of their rental.
To reserve an athletic field, please visit the Rental page.
Parks and Amenities
The Park District has a variety of outdoor spaces that may be reserved for events. If you would like to reserve a space, please scroll down to view popular locations or use the Facility locator to search for parks not listed below.
- Items such as tents that are larger than 10'x10' or bounce houses must be secured with sandbags and insured. Proof of insurance is required. Staking is not allowed on Park District property.
- Renters are responsible for ensuring that their guests comply with all Park District ordinances and guidelines current on the date of their rental and for cleaning up the rental site and disposing of trash in trash cans or closed trash bags. Excess trash must be removed from Park District property.
- Additional trash cans may be requested for a fee of $50/ five cans.
- Large group and event rentals include 5 additional trash cans in the rental fee.
- Park features like playgrounds and walking paths may not be reserved for exclusive use.
- Water access is not available at any outdoor facilities.
- Electrical access is only available at North School Park for staffed rentals.
- Indoor rest rooms are available at parks that have buildings on site during registration and program hours.
- Port-o-let units are available seasonally at locations with athletic fields. You may reserve additional port-o-let units through the Park District for a fee. For some events, the Park District may require renters to reserve additional units.
- Renters wishing to schedule a rain date in advance must pay for the additional date at the standard fee.
* Indoor restrooms available during building hours. Port-o-lets available seasonally.
To reserve other outdoor spaces, please contact the following facilities.
- Outdoor tennis and pickle ball courts: Heritage Tennis Club. There is a lottery for summer court permits in early May. Click here for lottery and permit information, deadlines, and an application.
- Lake Arlington boat rentals and storage: visit the Lake Arlington homepage.
- Outdoor pools at Camelot, Frontier, Recreation, Pioneer, or Heritage Parks: contact Troy Lukas, Aquatics Facility Manager, at TLukas@ahpd.org.
- Athletic Field Rentals: visit the Athletic Field rentals page.
- Outdoor spaces not listed above: Contact Cari Boyle, Rentals Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gas and charcoal grilling is only allowed on grill pads at the following parks: Camelot Park, Centennial Park, Frontier Park, Hickory Meadows, Patriots Park, Pioneer Park, Recreation Park, and Sunset Meadows Park.
- Grilling is allowed May 1st through November 1st.
- Grilling may begin at 9am and must be cleaned up by 8pm.
- Users must supply their own grill and necessary supplies.
- Grilling must take place on the concrete or asphalt grill pad.
- Grill contents must be completely extinguished, cooled, and placed in the provided container.
- Proper care must be taken to ensure the safety of all park users.
- All incidents regarding grilling will be the responsibility of the grilling party.
Rental rates (5/1/22 to 4/30/23)
|Park/ Greenspace (up to 5 hours)
||Small (0-39 people)
||Medium (40-75 people)
||Large 75+ people
|Picnic Shelter (up to 5 hours)
||50 people max
- There is an additional fee of $20.00 per hour, per staff member, for events that require on-site staff.
- The 2022 fee for one additional standard port-o-let unit is $125.00.
- Rental fees are for a 5-hour block of time. Rentals over 5 hours will be charged a second rental fee.
All reschedule and cancellation requests, including requests to move an outdoor event indoors, must be submitted, in writing, to the facility supervisor, a minimum of 72 hours prior to the rental date.
- If cancelling before the deadline, the renter will be refunded in full minus a $5 transaction fee.
- If cancelling inside the 72 hour deadline, the renter will forfeit all fees paid to the Park District.