A rental application is required for a price quote and to reserve a space. Please download, print out, complete and sign, and submit the appropriate application to staff at the facility you would like to reserve. You may submit applications by email, in person, or by postal mail.
Renters must comply with guidance put forth by the Illinois DCEO and any other federal, state, or local agency with authority in regards to the Restore Illinois phased approach and plans as current on the date(s) of the rental.
- We begin accepting applications for the new year on January 1st or, for events in January through March, three months prior to the event.
- Renters must submit an Application for Use and at least two weeks (10 business days) prior to the date of their event or the first date in a series of events.
- We review applications on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the date we receive a completed application.
- Facility availability is dependent upon Park District programs and events. We cannot confirm availability or issue permits, particularly for athletic fields, gyms, and program spaces, until program schedules are finalized.
- Permits will not be issued until all required paperwork and payments are received.
Download an application
Submit an application
Once you've completed and signed your application, submit it to the appropriate facility or department. If you aren't sure where or to whom to submit your application, please visit the following pages for more information.
Fees and Payment
Fees are determined based on the applicant's residency status and the purpose of the event. A Special Use Fee of $25 may be assessed for permits that require additional certificates, surveys, staffing, port-o-lets, permissions, etc. For more information about rates and fees, please visit our Indoor Rentals, Outdoor Rentals, and Athletic Field Rentals pages.
We are unable to provide applicants with a price quote until we've received a completed application. Payment is due, in full, before permits are issued. For repeating rentals, a deposit and payment plan is required.
Certificates of Additional Insurance
A Certificate of Additional Insurance is purchase by the renter or is provided by a company the renter hires, for instance, a company providing inflatables. The Park District holds the certificate and is listed as the certificate holder. Proof of insurance listing the Arlington Heights Park District, 410 N. Arlington Heights Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60004, as additionally insured for $1,000,000 for the specific dates and the full duration of an event is required in the following circumstances.
Insurance may be required for activities not listed below. A Special Use Fee of $25 is assessed for permits that require Certificates of Insurance.
- Any items staked on Park District property
- Inflatables, whether secured by stakes or sandbags
- Renter has hired a company that will have staff working on Park District property.
- Commercial rentals
- Use of a generator
It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure that all activities and use of facilities at their event comply with Park District ordinances. To view ordinances, click here.