COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Requirements
Facility Use/ Programming:
The Cook County Department of Public Health recently issued a new COVID-19 vaccine directive going into effect January 3, 2022. This order requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all individuals 19 and older to enter specific businesses and facilities in Cook County, including fitness and recreation centers. Masks will still be required.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff, the Park District team has worked very hard to clearly understand the intent and impact of the guidelines and has determined they will impact all Arlington Heights Park District facilities and some programs.
- The ARC Fitness Center/Pools/Gym/Track
- Group Fitness Classes at the ARC
- Aqua Group Fitness Classes at the ARC
- The Athletic Club and Group Fitness Classes at the Senior Center
- Forest View Racquet Club Courts, Lessons & Fitness Center
- The Track at Camelot
- Heritage Tennis Club Courts and Lessons/Classes
- All Adult Athletic Programs/Lessons/Leagues
The following are exempt from proof of vaccination requirements:
- People 18 years of age or younger participating in park district activities
- Youth and adults participating in special recreation activities
- Spectators of indoor sporting events, provided that no food or drink is being served and that they remain masked at all times
Previously paused classes will resume as soon as possible, and program supervisors will contact registrants regarding their specific classes. Open Gym and Open Swim will resume as scheduled on Jan. 4.
The Park District understands that some of our customers may or may not agree with Cook County’s requirements. Please understand that the County’s requirements put the Park District in a very difficult position, and we are doing the best we can to navigate a very challenging situation and to ensure the safety of all.
Over the past two years, we have strived to keep as many of our facilities and programs open and safe for you and your families (when many other public agencies simply shut their services/facilities down for entire seasons). As you can imagine, this was not an easy feat.
Please remember to treat our staff and fellow community members with kindness. This mandate came directly from the Cook County Health Department. We would strongly recommend you share your thoughts with them at email@example.com
We know our services are essential to the physical, mental and emotional health and wellness of our community, and we want to do everything we can to keep services and programming open and operating in a safe and legally compliant manner.
According to the requirements, fully vaccinated is defined as:
- Two weeks after second dose in a 2-dose series with approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after a single-dose series with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Acceptable forms of vaccination proof include:
- A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card; or
- An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered; or
- An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine brand administered, and the date the vaccination was administered.
Please note, the Cook County Order does not currently allow for a negative COVID-19 test in place of vaccination, except for individuals who have previously received a medical exemption, as long as the individual provides proof of the medical exemption and a COVID-19 test administered by a medical professional within the last 24 hours prior to entering a business covered by the Order. Exemptions will be handled at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Household credits or refunds for programs can be requested online at https://www.ahpd.org/registration-information/refund-request-form/. Refunds take a minimum of ten business days to process.
If you have further questions, contact us https://www.ahpd.org/contact. Under Reason for your inquiry*, select Customer Service in the drop-down menu.