We've launched a new and improved version of the Arlington Heights Park District’s website and wanted to make you aware of some of the changes you will see in April 2016.
Mobile-responsive design: The site has a much more modern design, featuring large banner images and it will expand or shrink based on the size of your screen or device. Overall, the site will be friendlier for all who access it from phones or tablets.
Some of the information found previously on our old homepage is not there anymore or has been re-organized so please note the following:
- The main navigation menu is available to the right of our logo above the top center of the homepage slideshow. Click the words Programs & Events, Parks & Facilities, Clubs & Courts, Get Involved or About Us and it will expand out.
- Information has been better organized with two new menu items: Programs & Events now hosts content about recreation programs, events and registration. The Clubs & Courts menu now hosts content about our tennis and golf programs and facilities.
- Registration information is now found in the Programs & Events navigation menu
- You can also scroll down past the homepage slideshow and social media icons to go directly to our Events Calendar and News sections by clicking in those areas or on the hyperlinks
- Don’t miss the colorful banners above the homepage slideshow that link directly to our Park Foundation, Historical Museum, Arlington Aces, and Farmers Market websites. These links appear next to our Bids & RFPs, FOIA, Jobs, and Contact links.
- The bottom four ‘buttons’ are new menu items to help you access key information with just one click.
- These Plan to Play Every Day "Quick Links" contain content that used to be available from the left hand column on our old homepage. Here you’ll find links to seasonal favorites and things you won’t want to miss out on!
- The "Enewsletter Signup" form allows you to sign up to receive weekly notices and our monthly Enewsletter containing news and important information about registration, capital improvements, special events, volunteer opportunities and announcements. Sign up today to stay updated throughout the year.
- Our new search bar returns results Districtwide.
In addition to the new mobile-responsive www.ahpd.org website, several other websites will also be mobile-device friendly as well. The Arlington Aces, the Historical Museum, the Park Foundation and the Farmers Market websites will also be relaunched in April just in time for Summer 2016 programs.
Our new mobile-responsive websites have more information in a cleaner format. We hope you find the sites easy to use and full of helpful content. It will take some getting used to the new sites, and we appreciate your patience throughout the transition.