600 E. Park St.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Most of the large islands are owned by the Park District while the smaller islands are Village property. The Park District acquired six parcels in 1940 and affectionately call them, “The Islands”. Ranging from less than .1 of an acre to .75 of an acre, these triangles are tucked in the Scarsdale neighborhood and serve as a passive separation at street intersections. The biggest two parcels are called Schaag Park and consist of a playground for kids under age 5 on the south side of Mayfair and the basketball hoop and open green space to the north side of the Mayfair. One other large parcel is closer to Dryden Elementary School at Fairview-Banbury-Lincoln. Residents have used these larger parcels to host neighborhood gatherings. All are tree lined with off-street parking.