About The Program: The Arts programs, for all ages, are designed to encourage creativity and self-expression. We strive for a class atmosphere that is friendly, fun, and educational, and our art instructors are professional educators with a passion for teaching. The art studios are furnished with kilns, potters wheels, art tables, easels and a variety of fine arts programming. Our mission is to advocate artistic excellence through creativity and self-expression.
Let’s Get Messy!
Students will be working with all types of art materials, including paint, crayons, fabric markers, clay and more. We tend to get a bit messy in the art room, so please dress appropriately. The park district is not responsible for damaged clothing or property.
Fall Art Classes
- Fall Art Registration: Aug. 3 R / Aug. 10 NR
- Art Session I: Aug. 23-Oct. 18 (No class Sept. 6)
- Art Session II: Oct. 19-Dec. 17 (No class Nov. 23-26)
- Face coverings are required indoors for ages 2 and older who are able to medically tolerate a mask.
- Lobbies are available for parent seating.
Summer Arts Alive Camp
Summer Arts Alive Camp provides art instruction that mixes technique with opportunities for creative freedom and self-expression in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Campers will learn different drawing styles and experiment with various materials such as oil pastels, markers, watercolors, paint, colored pencils, and more. Outdoor fun is scheduled between daily activities at the adjoining park.