About The Program: The Arts programs, for all ages, are designed to encourage creativity and self-expression. We strive for a class atmosphere that is friendly, fun, and educational, and our art instructors are professional educators with a passion for teaching. The art studios are furnished with kilns, potters wheels, art tables, easels and a variety of fine arts programming. Our mission is to advocate artistic excellence through creativity and self-expression.
Let’s Get Messy!
Students will be working with all types of art materials, including paint, crayons, fabric markers, clay and more. We tend to get a bit messy in the art room, so please dress appropriately. The park district is not responsible for damaged clothing or property.
Winter Art Classes
Winter art classes are scheduled to be held in-person.
- Winter Registration: Dec. 1 R / Dec. 8 NR
- Art Session: 1/25-3/19
- Anyone who is sick or has been exposed to someone who is sick should stay home.
- Studios are cleaned regularly: high touch surfaces and art work areas are sanitized between classes.
- Face coverings are required inside of all AHPD facilities.
- Staff and participants (ages 2 and up) are required to wear face coverings during classes.
- Students will have socially-distanced designated art work areas at tables
- Individual art equipment will be provided for each student, sanitized before use
- Parents will have limited seating available inside AHPD buildings. There is limited facility capacity.
Spring Art Classes
Spring art classes are scheduled to be held in-person.
- Spring Registration: Feb. 2 R / Feb. 9 NR
- Art Session: 3/29-5/28
Summer Arts Alive Camp
Summer Arts Alive Camp provides art instruction that mixes technique with opportunities for creative freedom and self-expression in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Campers will learn different drawing styles and experiment with various materials such as oil pastels, markers, watercolors, paint, colored pencils, and more. Outdoor fun is scheduled between daily activities at the adjoining park.