The Arlington Heights Park District offers a Gymnastics Program in cooperation with the Rolling Meadows Park District. All gymnastics classes are offered at the Rolling Meadows Park District Nelson Sports Complex located in Rolling Meadows at 3900 Owl Drive, 847-818-3214.
Gymnastics classes are scheduled to be held in-person with face coverings.
- If a registrant or family member is currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (ex: fever 100.4 or above or doesn’t feel well), they should not come to the gym. For a listing of COVID-19 symptoms visit CDC.gov.
- Face coverings are required by staff, participants, and family members in attendance. Per IDPH guidelines, any child age 2 and older is required to wear a face covering.
- Participants and staff will be expected to practice social distancing of 6 feet whenever possible.
- Athlete safety is paramount, and coaches will not be restricted from spotting an athlete if necessary.
- Class times have been staggered. Please do not arrive until 5 minutes prior to the class start time. If dropping off and leaving, your child must be picked up on time.
- The initial classes will be very basic and fundamental to allow participants to build
- Observation is limited to one adult family member per registrant to allow for social distancing in the viewing area. For those that do not have to bring extra children, we would appreciate that as well. We realize that some situations will require multiple children to attend with one adult.
- Hot Shot Tots may bring two adults per registrant as one adult would be in the class with the registrant and the other in the viewing area.
- Periodic breaks will be scheduled for hand sanitizing.
- Chalk should be brought from home and is not to be shared.
- Students participate barefoot.
- No jewelry is allowed in the gym.
- Hair must be pulled back and away from the face.
- Girls: leotard recommended, with optional fitted shorts or capri pants.
- Boys: tshirt or tank top with shorts (no buttons, buckles or zippers please).
Hot Shot Tots Gymnastics (1-3 yrs)
A playful parent/tot class centered around age appropriate movements using specialized tot-sized gymnastics equipment
Preschool Gymnastics (3-5 yrs)
Proper body positions and basic tumbling skills are introduced for your newly independent gymnast. Children must be toilet trained to participate.
Kindergarten Gymnastics (5-6 yrs)
With positive reinforcement, children are afforded appropriate challenges, which prepare them physically and mentally for our youth gymnastics classes. These classes are pre-1st grade.
Youth Gymnastics: Beginning/Intermediate (6-13 yrs)
Our developmental gymnastics program is divided by gender and into skill levels. The three level program is designed to provide a non-competitive, achievement-oriented program of progressive skills.
Advanced Gymnastics (9-18 yrs)
The advanced gymnastics classes are geared towards children that have been through the developmental program. Instructor permission required. Registration must be done in-person.
Tumbling Programs (8-14 yrs)
This class features a strong emphasis on tumbling and jumping skills.