Summer 2019 Volleyball Leagues
Registration is now open - REGISTER AS A TEAM ONLY!
Register your team according to the grade or high school level during the 2019-20 school year.
We DO NOT form teams or assign coaches.
Teams play two matches per night for three weeks, and matches are scheduled to start between 6pm and 8:30pm at Betsy Ross School, 700 N. Schoenbeck Road. The team fee is $180.
- 6th through 9th grade leagues (current 5th through 8th grade):
- Games begin the week of June 10th and end the week of June 24th.
- Registration closes Tuesday, May 28th.
- One player registers the entire team. Download the Summer 2019 team roster/waiver listed in the left margin of this page. Before the start of the first game, you must submit the completed and signed roster to gym staff.
- Junior Varsity and Varsity leagues (current high school):
- Games begin the week of July 10th and end the week of July 24th.
- Registration closes Monday, June 24th.
- One person registers the entire team. That person may be a player, parent, or coach. Download the Summer 2019 team roster/waiver listed in the left margin of this page. Before the start of the first game, you must submit the completed and signed roster to gym staff.
Register as a team - fee is $180 per team
||6/12 - 6/26
||6/11 - 6/23
||6/10 - 6/24
||6/11 - 6/25
||6/10 - 6/24
||7/9 - 7/23
||7/11 - 7/25
Winter 2019: 5th through 8th grade leagues - registration is now closed.
Registration for Fall 2019 opens May 1st. Check back for more information this spring!
The youth volleyball program is a recreational league for boys and girls in 5th through 8th grade. The league is designed to teach young players fundamental technical and age-appropriate tactical skills and enable players to practice sporting behavior while having fun. Teams are kept small to maximize playing time.
All leagues begin with a Sunday kick-off: players meet their coaches and teammates, receive uniforms, and have their first practice. Regular season practices begin the week after the season kick-off, and the first games are played the Sunday after the league kick-off.
Regular season standings are not kept, and all teams qualify for the end-of-season single-elimination tournament!
Volunteering to coach
We rely on volunteers to coach our teams! If you would like to coach, please indicate your interest when you register.
Uniforms and Equipment
At the start of each season, players receive a team jersey. 5th grade leagues play with a Volley-Lite ball (this style of ball is softer than a regular volleyball). All leagues play with a standard Junior High net height.
Team formation and friend requests
Boys and girls register for separate leagues split by grade. Leagues may be combined by gender and/or grade, depending on enrollment.
Players are placed on teams created around their local community centers and the schools they attend. Players who register by the deadline may ask to be placed on a team with one friend. However, the friend request must be mutual: both players must request each other. We cannot honor requests in cases where players request more than one friend or link friends in a circular request: friend A requests friend B, friend B requests friend C, friend C requests friend A.
Please coordinate your friend request before registering to ensure that it is mutual.
Teams that play together in the fall season typically stay together in the winter season, depending upon the number of returning players and coaches. New players in the winter are placed on existing teams with open roster spots or placed on new teams. We are unable to keep teams together from school year to school year. Coaches may not request players, and players may not request coaches.
FESL Volleyball offers a variety of small session clinics designed to improve the specific skills players need to play competitive volleyball. To view current and upcoming clinics, click below!