Updated June 9, 12:00 pm
Phase 5 begins Friday, June 11
From the onset of the pandemic, the Arlington Heights Park District has reassessed, and adjusted operations based on the latest guidance provided by our regulatory agencies. The State of Illinois has issued guidance for Phase 5 which allows for near-normal o
“Arlington Heights Park District – We Were With You and Your Family Every Step of the Way….”
Over the past 456 days, we have navigated the pandemic with no roadmap, but with one goal in mind: keeping our community safe while providing accessible, affordable, fun ways to recreate in the face of unprecedented challenges. We never closed or ceased operations but adjusted course to provide programming to meet each set of guidelines. In May 2020, we offered golfing opportunities, and in mid-June and throughout the summer, we offered camps, t-ball, outdoor pools, dance, tennis, and opened the ARC. Over the school year we adjusted and changed operations where we could and when Phase 4 began in early February 2021, we worked to bring back youth sports. We worked hard to get our ball diamonds and soccer fields ready, prepare the parks for spring, and started getting all five outdoor pools ready in anticipation for summer 2021. Last month, we celebrated the end of the dance program season with a modified recital, and as we head into a Phase 5 summer 2021, we are thrilled to continue providing you the top-notch programs, services, and facilities you have come to expect from the Arlington Heights Park District. We are so proud of our entire team who have gone above and beyond to meet these challenges and support our community. Thank you, our community, for your continued patience and support as we navigated this pandemic together.
Please review our Phase 5 operational plan below
- Fully vaccinated individuals can opt to not wear a mask or face covering.
- Unvaccinated individuals should wear a mask or face covering, including all children aged 2 to 11 who cannot be currently vaccinated.
- Fully vaccinated staff have the choice to not wear a mask or face covering unless working directly with children under the age of 12.
- No reservations needed; normal capacities allowed per the posted bather loads at each location. Click here for the new pool schedule.
- Pioneer and Recreation are presently open.
- Frontier opens June 11, a week early.
- Camelot opens June 16.
- Heritage opens June 19.
- We have expanded the Interpark Swim Team program. Staff are currently contacting all those on the waitlists.
- We have expanded our outdoor swim lesson offerings, which begin July 12. We will have those classes online for registration by June 28.
- Wading pools will remain closed. The zero depth areas at Camelot, Frontier, Heritage, Pioneer, and ARC serve that need.
- Concessions will remain closed presently. You can also bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages. Please, no glass containers on the pool deck. Bare feet and broken glass do not mix.
- We welcome back non-residents for passes and daily fees.
- We will have daily admissions. $7 resident, $10 non-resident.
- Guest passes are valid from summer 2019 as are the ARC guest passes.
- The pool pass and punch card options will remain as is for the season.
- We still need more lifeguards—a great job for teens! Starting pay is $12 per hour and training is provided. Click here to apply.
Golf Operations: Arlington Lakes Golf Club, Nickol Knoll Golf Club, and Sunset Meadows Driving Range are open for the season. Rentals are available at Arlington Lakes.
Hours of Operation for Community Centers and Historical Museum:
Camelot Community Center (Includes the indoor track hours)
Monday – Thursday: 9 am - 7 pm
Friday: 9 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 1 pm
Pioneer Community Center
Monday – Thursday: 9 am - 7 pm
Friday: 9 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 12 pm
Historical Museum - Gallery & Pop Shop Summer Hours
Thursday: 1 – 7 pm
Friday: 10 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Frontier, Heritage, Recreation Community Centers will continue to be open only when there is programming in the facility.
Community Center Indoor Gyms: Click here for the open gym schedule.
Tennis Clubs: Tennis Clubs are open. The fitness center at Forest View is open. Please view safety guidelines: www.ahpd.org/tennis/.
Outdoor Tennis/Pickleball Courts: Outdoor courts are open.
AHPD Programs: Many summer programs & camps still have openings. Check out the summer program guide online, HERE. The fall program guide will be delivered the week of July 19, with registration opening for residents on August 3. All of our programming for ages 2 to 11 will still require masks for both participants and staff.
Arlington Heights Senior Center: The Senior Center is open Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. For information about programs, the Tour Club, Wood Shop hours, and Arlington Athletic Club hours, call the Arlington Heights Park District Senior Center desk at 847-797-5341.
Canine Commons Dog Park: Canine Commons is open. Please see our dog park guidelines if you have questions.
Arlington Ridge Center (ARC): Please click here for all the changes at ARC. We will welcome back non-residents and daily fee admissions.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday: 5:30 am - 9 pm
Friday: 5:30 am - 7 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
No reservations required for the following:
- Fitness center
- Track use
- Gym individual workout stations
- Lap swimming
- Wellness pool water walking
- Dive well swimming
- Open Swim
Reservations will still be required for the following:
- In-person fitness classes
- Water Exercise
- Open Gym
When we opened in January 2020, we learned quickly that we needed to limit class size, and the reservation system allows for that. For open gym, state guidance still required social distancing indoors. Reservations for open gym allow for more control over how many people we admit adhering to state guidelines.
ARC is currently unable to offer childcare. We are presently evaluating childcare operations, hiring staff, and training them. Our plan is to return childcare by Fall 2021.
Lake Arlington is open to take a walk, jog or run. The playground and fitness area are open. The Boathouse will be open this season for programming. The concession stand service window is open selling pre-packaged and a variety of scooped ice cream flavors. Boat Rentals are also available. Please check here for current information.
Special Events: We are excited to return to special events for the community. We have two movies in the park and several concerts planned. We are also working on more events for later in July and August. Click here for our events calendar.
Park Shelter and Facility Rentals: We will accept reservations for park shelters, picnic sites, athletic fields, rooms, and indoor gym rentals. www.ahpd.org/parks/facility-rentals/
All parks, playgrounds, and athletic fields are open, including Sunset Meadows.
The Park District Board of Commissioners reserves the right to close any park properties at any time, should it become necessary.
The light is at the end of the tunnel, but we know the pandemic isn’t over quite yet. As we have for the last 456 days: We remain in this together. On behalf of the Board of Park Commissioners, and Staff, thank you for your patience and understanding. Be well, and please stay informed by visiting www.ahpd.org/coronavirus/. We also encourage everyone to follow us on social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Guest Services Staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:30am-9pm to answer your calls at 847-577-3000 and 847-577-3025.