Arlington Heights —The following is a joint statement by the Arlington Heights Park District (“AHPD”) on behalf of its soccer program, the Arlington Aces and Elite Soccer.
“After a very positive and productive 14-year relationship, AHPD and Elite Soccer have decided that it would be mutually beneficial to sever their business relationship effective immediately. In the best interest of the Aces families, however, AHPD and Elite Soccer have agreed upon a transition plan that will provide no interruption in the coaching staffs for the Spring session.
The parties’ agreement and transition plan has the following key features:
- All coaches will become employees of AHPD effective immediately for the Spring 2012 season only.
- Coaching positions will be made available to all Elite coaches from the Fall 2011 season providing the opportunity for them to continue coaching the same team for the Spring 2012 season.
- At the completion of the Spring Season, however, these coaches will return to the employ of Elite Soccer.
- Dwayne Cruz will be the Director of Soccer and will work with all of his staff members to ensure a productive and enjoyable season for players, coaches and parents. Mike Steele and Brendan Eitz will not be involved in the AHPD Spring Season.
- AHPD will take over all administrative duties related to the Spring session.
- All volunteer coached travel teams will be given the option of retaining the same trainer they had for the Fall 2011 season or selecting a new trainer.
- Fees already paid by families to Elite for coaching Academy teams for the Spring season will be utilized to pay coaches to complete the Spring Season. In other words, families who are paid in full will not owe any additional coaching/training fees for the Spring Season.
- The leadership program that Elite operates will continue through the Spring season as currently managed by Elite.
Both Elite Soccer and AHPD understand that parents and participants have been concerned about how this mid-year change could impact them and their children for the coming season. It never has been nor will it ever be the goal of either party to provide a disservice to its patrons or to the community-at-large.
The AHPD, the Aces Soccer program, and Elite Soccer are singularly motivated to do what is right for all of the children participating in soccer. We all believe that this agreement will provide an outstanding experience for players at all levels for the Spring season and will provide the appropriate transition for the Aces Soccer program and the Elite Soccer program for the coming Fall 2012 season.”
Updates on the Arlington Heights Park District Aces Soccer program will be posted online and sent to families whose email addresses are registered with the Park District as soon as possible. Please ensure that your current contact information is correct by contacting Matt Healy, Athletics Supervisor, at 847-506-7133 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Arlington Heights Park District’s soccer program please visit us online at ahpd.org.
Updates on the Elite Soccer program will be posted online at www.elitesoccer.net and Mike Steele can be contacted at email@example.com or at 773-561-4949.