Get ready to SPLASH into Summer with us!
Day camps, sports camps, swim lessons, swim teams, special events, concerts in the park, playgrounds, ballfields…you name it, we have been busy planning to make 2022 one of the best summers yet in Arlington Heights!
At the Park District we are continuing our focus on best maintaining the many treasured assets we have for today, and for generations to come.
Some significant infrastructure projects that are almost ready for you and your family to enjoy (watch our website for completion dates):
• Renovated (6) pickle ball courts at Volz Park
• Renovated (2) tennis and (6) pickle ball courts at Dryden Park
• Renovated basketball court at Sunset Ridge Park
Exciting capital improvement projects to look forward to in 2022-2023:
• Putting green replacement at Sunset Meadows Park
• Bridge replacement and shoreline stabilization at Arlington Lakes Golf Club
• Refinishing of the Forest View outdoor tennis courts
• Basketball court replacement at Prairie Park
• Playground Replacements at Sunset Ridge & Willow Parks
• Path Replacement at Nickol Knoll Golf Club
• Parking lot replacement at Dryden Park
In the fall please join, our Executive Director, Carrie Fullerton, and some of the leadership team of the Park District as we embark on a “Listening Tour” in a variety of locations, on wide-range of dates/times throughout the community. We want to hear from you about what aspects of the park system are important to you and your family, and what types of future improvements you’d be interested in seeing from us. Check our website for additional information.
One other exciting project on the horizon is updating the master plan associated with the Recreation Park property, including park amenities and facilities. We are doing this in preparation for an upcoming, anticipated grant cycle from the state. We will be looking to our residents for your valued input on this well-loved, cornerstone park property in our community. Details on community input meetings will be available on our website and social media channel as soon as they are available.
The warm months ahead promise to be filled with fun experiences for everyone in our community. We hope that you will join us in the parks, at the pools, on the golf courses, in the tennis clubs, recreation centers, museum, playgrounds and ball fields…where the fun happens in Arlington Heights!
Maryfran H. Leno
Park Board President
Arlington Heights Park District