The Arlington Heights Park District relies on volunteers for the success of its Recreation and Athletic Programs. Numerous volunteer opportunities exist within the Park District for individuals or groups.
Here are some areas and types of programs where volunteers have helped in the past:
- Learning opportunities/open events
- Recycling efforts
- Arbor Day
- planting pollinator gardens
- removing teasel plants
For more information, please visit Environmental and Conservation
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches are need for Girls' and Boys' Fall & Spring house league soccer and the Fall & Winter Basketball programs. Soccer games are on weekends and occasional weeknights with a 1- 1/2 hour practice during the week. You get a COACH shirt and clinics are available. Basketball games are on the weekends with 1 hour practices during the week.
- Special athletic events
- The Arlington Aces Soccer Club is looking for qualified coaches for the travel program. If you are interested in being a travel coach, please visit Arlington Aces for an application. Deadline is mid-January for the following season. Contact Kevin Wollnik for more information.
- General administrative tasks in our office at the Senior Center
- Greeting patrons
- Special events
Special Events- Community Wide
- National Night Out
- Picnic in the Park
Programs & Partners
Some of our programs and partner organizations also have exciting volunteer opportunities.
Arlington Heights Historical Society and Museum
The Society has opportunities for volunteers to work as tour guides, collections assistants, office assistants, special event helpers and research library assistants. IN addition, volunteers serve as Board Committee Members on various Historical Society committees. For more information about these opportunities, visit ahmuseum.org.
Frontier Days, Inc.
This is a non-profit organization whose membership is comprised of hundreds of volunteers. The goal is to plan, organize and implement the annual Fourth of July celebration that filled with activities intended to appeal to all age groups and to benefit the community. For more information contact Frontier Days, Inc.
Northwest Special Recreation Association (NWSRA)
NWSRA seeks people who are willing to be called on to work various hours integrating individuals with special needs into Park District programs. NWSRA provides the necessary training and supervision of volunteers. For more information call NWSRA at 847-392-2848 or visit NWSRA.org
We'll help match you with a great volunteer opportunity!