About The Program
Our dance classes offer a diverse and skill-building curriculum of professional, educational and fun classes for all ages. Our dance instructors are trained professionals looking to give each participant a great class experience and foster their love of dance while developing poise and self-confidence. Our mission is to advocate artistic excellence through creativity and self-expression.
Online Dance Store
Items can be ordered by clicking the links below and we will deliver them to your dance class. Items are for current dancers only.
Winter Dance Session
Dance Winter Registration:
- Priority registration: Nov. 3-17
- Dec. 1 Residents / Dec. 8 Non-Residents
- Dance registration closes Feb. 1
- Online registration
- Limited In-Person registration: Please visit ARC during business hours 847.577.3025
- Jan. 4-May 15 - Winter dance session runs 18 weeks
- No class March 22-27 (Makeup classes held)
In-Person or Zoom?
- The Illinois Department of Public Health has posted that our Region (Region 10) has moved to Tier 2 Mitigations, so we can now off in-person dance classes.
- Zoom options will also still be available for families that prefer to stay at home.
- The DCEO FAQs were updated, and we no longer need to split our dance class groups into 10 or less under Tier 2 Mitigations. Any dancers who would like to take dance class in-person can. Those who feel more comfortable taking dance class on Zoom can.
- We will continue to follow guidance provided by IDPH & the DCEO, and if classes are not able to be held in-person, dance classes will move to be held virtually during the session.
- Following current state & local guidelines, large gatherings and performances, similar to our traditional dance recital, are not allowed.
- At a minimum, we hope to have dance routines recorded the last week of classes with a digital download available for families. If it is possible and safe, we will invite minimal family to a gym performance and/or explore an option for an outdoor performance.
- Knowing a final performance may not be in a theatre, we have opted to provide a costume accessory this year instead of a full dance costume with basic, pre-owned dancewear worn to avoid unused costumes and fees.
- Click Here to see dancewear from home each dance class will need to provide for the May performance.
- Costume Accessory Fee of $20 is non-refundable after Feb. 1.
Additional Safety Precautions
- Anyone who is sick or has been exposed to someone who is sick should stay home.
- Studios are cleaned regularly: high touch surfaces, dance barres and dance props are sanitized between classes.
- Face coverings are required inside of all AHPD facilities.
- Students will have socially-distanced designated areas taped out.
- IDPH and state of Illinois require face coverings if indoors for fitness/dance, even if 6' apart.
- Parents will have limited seating available inside AHPD buildings. Lobby video monitors will not be available for parent viewing.
Priority Pre-Registration Information:
- Nov. 3-17: Dancers enrolled in Fall 2020 dance classes had priority registration for the Winter 2021 season.
- Students were allowed to register for the same class (level/day/time/location).
- Winter dance spots were only held until Nov. 17 for the fall dance students.
- After Nov. 17, all remaining spots were open to the public and those enrolled in the fall session were not guaranteed a spot for the Winter/Spring 2021 season in the same class.