About The Program
Our dance classes offer a diverse and skill-building curriculum of professional, educational and fun classes for all ages. Our dance instructors are trained professionals looking to give each participant a great class experience and foster their love of dance while developing poise and self-confidence. Our mission is to advocate artistic excellence through creativity and self-expression.
Online Dance Store
Items can be ordered by clicking the links below and we will deliver them to your dance class. Items are for current dancers only.
Winter Dance Session
Dance Winter Registration:
- Priority registration: Nov. 3-17
- Dec. 1 Residents / Dec. 8 Non-Residents
- Dance registration closes Feb. 1
- Online registration
- Limited In-Person registration: Please visit ARC during business hours 847.577.3025
- Jan. 4-May 15 - Winter dance session runs 18 weeks
- No class March 22-27 (Makeup classes held)
In-Person or Zoom?
- Dance classes are held in-person with a Zoom option for families that prefer to stay home.
- Dancers can opt to Zoom on any given week, without notice given to the studio or instructors, using the Zoom links emailed before winter classes began in January.
- We will continue to follow guidance provided by IDPH & the DCEO, and if classes are not able to be held in-person, dance classes will move to be held virtually during the session.
- Following current state & local guidelines, large gatherings and performances, similar to our traditional dance recital, are not allowed.
- Dance routines will be recorded the last week of classes (May 10-15) at Camelot Park with a complementary digital download provided to all dance families.
- We plan to allow each dancer to invite 2 adults to see them perform in the gym. Classes will perform one class at a time in the gym with strict entry/exit procedures in place.
- Knowing a final performance would likely not be in a theatre, we opted to provide a costume accessory this year instead of a full dance costume with basic, pre-owned dancewear worn to avoid unused costumes and fees.
- Click Here for more recital information.
- Costume Accessory Fee of $20 is non-refundable after Feb. 1.
Additional Safety Precautions
- Anyone who is sick or has been exposed to someone who is sick should stay home.
- Studios are cleaned regularly: high touch surfaces, dance barres and dance props are sanitized between classes.
- Face coverings are required inside of all AHPD facilities.
- Students will have socially-distanced designated areas taped out.
- IDPH and state of Illinois require face coverings if indoors for fitness/dance, even if 6' apart.
- Parents will have limited seating available inside AHPD buildings. Lobby video monitors will not be available for parent viewing.