At the January 13, 2015 meeting, the Park Board of Commissioners voted to proceed with the first major renovation of the ALGC course since opening its doors in 1979. This renovation will benefit both players and the Park District in a variety of ways. See below for some of the key results we anticipate gaining as a result of this year long renovation effort.
Master Plan Highlights:
- Eliminate all unnecessary bunkers and reconstruct remaining bunkers
- Improved quality of sand and better drainage
- Level and rebuild all tee complexes
- Add continuous cart paths throughout course
- Reshaping #4, #6, #9, #11, #13, #16, #17, #18 and practice green
- Expanded patio area to accommodate more guests
- Flip nines to allow for 3 and 6-hole rounds during certain times
- Reconstruct holes #16 and #18 improving accessibility and aesthetics
- Adding an outdoor bar and grill type atmosphere
- Relocation of golf cart staging area
- Expanding putting surfaces to original intended size
- Adding new Junior/family tees to promote new golfer development
- Fewer bunkers translate into an improved pace of play and a better golfing experience
These improvements are expected to begin construction in June 2015 with an anticipated completion date of early July 2016. Details about the grand re-opening of Arlington Lakes Golf Club will be released as more information is gathered.