About The Program: Our Drama classes help students develop self-confidence and the ability to express themselves to an audience. Students will explore role-playing through a variety of different tools including, but not limited to, improv games, vocal and physical warm-up techniques, character exploration, scene development and more. Class emphasis is on controlling the voice and body to display emotions and utilize the senses. Our drama instructors are professional educators and actors. Our mission is to advocate artistic excellence through creativity and self-expression.
Drama & Music Classes
Fall drama & music classes are scheduled to be held in-person and will move to be held virtually during the session, if needed.
Fall Registration for Drama & Music: Aug. 6 Residents / Aug. 13 Non-Residents
Drama/Music Session I:
- Drama/Music Session II:
- Mon 11/2-12/7
- Wed 10/28-12/9 (no class 11/25)
- Sat 11/7-12/19 (no class 11/28)
- Anyone who is sick or has been exposed to someone who is sick should stay home.
- Facilities are cleaned regularly: high touch surfaces and art work areas are sanitized between classes.
- Face coverings are required inside of all AHPD facilities.
- Students will have socially-distanced designated areas
- Face coverings can be removed when in individually designated area.
- Parents will have limited seating available inside AHPD buildings. There is limited facility capacity.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 6:30pm
- Preregister (FREE!) with code 29741
- Admin Center: 410 N. Arlington Heights Road, park off Evergreen Ave
- Ages 6-19
- Prepare a short song a cappella (without accompaniment)
- Cast list will be posted here by Sept. 12
- Registration fee due after auditions ($195 R/$235 NR)
- Costumes will be discussed during rehearsal and must be purchased or acquired by participants
- Sept. 14-Oct. 14
- Mon & Wed from 6:30-8:30pm
- Saturdays 9/26 & 10/3 from 12-2pm
- Rehearsals are scheduled to begin in-person with face coverings.
- If needed, rehearsals and performances will move to be held virtually
- Oct. 17 & 18 at 2pm
- If needed, performances will move to be held virtually