Swimming is a great recreational activity for people of all ages. Find out when your neighborhood pool will be opening. Grab your goggles and swim gear, our five outdoor pools are getting ready for another great summer. Recreational swimming can provide you with a low-impact workout and it’s also a good way to relax and feel good.
Swimming is a great workout because you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water.
Swimming is a good all-round activity because it:
- keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- tones muscles and builds strength
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
Click here to see our Pool Hours.