The Arlington Heights Park District are keepers of the parks for future generations. We promote sound policies, procedures, and practices. We have an Environmental Policy and an Envirogroup staff-led task force who promote our goal.
Do you want to volunteer for an event? Sign up yourself or bring a group! Fill out the Volunteer Form and we'll match you with a great opportunity!
Some changes we have made around the parks that you might recognize include:
Ways we have engaged the community to assist our efforts:
- Electronics Recycling
- Shoes and Food Drive benefitting local food pantries and Share Your Soles organization
- Collections of gently used suitcases & backpacks to benefit the Lawrence Hall Foundation and the Children's Home and Aid Society
- Installation of several pollinator gardens that have become official Monarch Butterfly Waystations
- Restoration of the shoreline at Lake Terramere
- Teasel plant removal at Lake Arlington (see video below)
- Annual Build A Bird House workshop each Spring Code# 65988
» Get involved! Upcoming projects and events!
Park Beautification Program
Do you want to make a difference and help beautify a park? This is an excellent way for individuals or organizations to get involved with their local park and do a good thing for the community at the same time! Projects can include gardening, parks and grounds maintenance or any original suggestion from YOU! The Parks Department will supply all necessary equipment (gloves, rakes, bags) and instruction to help you with your project.
To Register: Call Parks Service Center, at 847-577-3018 between 9 am and 3 pm weekdays.