CORONAVIRUS PLAN OF ACTION FOR PARK DISTRICT PROGRAMS
The safety and health of our patrons is of the utmost concern to us. Like you, we’ve been continuously monitoring COVID-19 information daily from the CDC and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). Our staff is actively assessing risks, and are ready to implement changes to ensure a high level of safety monitored procedures accordingly.
In alignment with the School Districts recent decision to close schools effective Saturday, March 14th through March 29th, all CAP before and after school care and Preschool will cease operations until further notice.
In accordance with Governor Pritzker's recent guidance related to COVID-19, the Park District is continuing to take every measure to minimize the public’s exposure to the virus. This includes continuous deep cleaning and disinfecting all facilities.
Up to now, we’ve been doing all that we can to make sure our facilities and programs have remained open. To reduce the possibility of community transfer of the virus, to practice social distancing, and as a precautionary measure, the Park District is implementing the following operational changes immediately:
EFFECTIVE SATURDAY, MARCH 14TH THROUGH SUNDAY, MARCH 29TH
- All programs at all park district facilities are cancelled. This includes programs at our 5 community centers, the Arlington Ridge Center, Tennis Clubs, Golf Clubs, and Historical Museum. This also includes this weekend’s 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament, and Swim Meet scheduled to take place at the Arlington Ridge Center. To limit the potential spread of COVID-19 to the senior population, all park district trips, and programs at the Senior Center are also cancelled.
- We will email all participants, and we will publish updates to our websites, and social media channels regarding make-up dates, and household credits as we continue to evaluate the situation. Patrons will receive communications directly from the Park District regarding this.
Effective, Saturday, March 14th, the following events and activities are cancelled and or postponed until further notice. This is not an exhaustive list of closures or cancellations.
- All CAP before and after school care at District’s 21, 25, and 59
- Preschool program
- All Senior trips and programs at the Senior Center
- 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament on Saturday, March 14
- Winter ARC Swim Championship on March 15
- Movie at the ARC – Toy Story 4 on March 21
- Teen Night at ARC on April 3
- Community Egg Hunt on April 4
- Easter Egg Dog Hunt on April 8
- Pool Egg Hunt on April 10
- Senior Scramble at Arlington Lakes Golf Club on April 22
- Spring Spectacular on April 29
- Gymnastics offered at Rolling Meadows Park District
Please rest assured that all Park District facilities are being deep cleaned and disinfected daily. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time.
The Park District recognizes its civic responsibility as we diligently continue to determine when and how to proceed as we monitor this situation daily. Information about potential facility closures will be posted to our website and on social media as soon as possible.
We firmly believe that these precautionary measures may contribute to flattening the curve of the COVID-19 spreading throughout our community.
Our promise to you is that we will continue to communicate via email, our website, and social media about program and facility changes as they may occur. Phone and email services will be available during regular business hours.
For more information about COVID-19, visit Center for Disease Control or Illinois Department of Public Health.
Our Mission: The Arlington Heights Park District enriches the community by providing quality recreation, facilities and fun.